I know others have mentioned that TestOut PC Pro 5.0.0 (released May 26) was recently validated as CompTIA Approved Quality Content (CAQC), and that is good news. It is our best-selling courseware and it does a great job preparing students for their certification exams. But I’d like to specifically mention a few of the aspects that make this the industry’s leading learning tool:
- Simulated operating systems to give students a broader learning experience. Rather than gaining experience with only one OS, TestOut PC Pro requires students to complete basic tasks in a number of different operating systems and interfaces, including Windows 10, Windows 7, Linux, iOS, BIOS, and more. Windows 8 is also covered in demonstrations, text lessons, and questions.
- One resource for teaching PC configuration & troubleshooting. PC Pro combines videos, text lessons, exam prep, and interactive lab simulations into one powerful package. This is by far the best and most comprehensive end-to-end solution for teaching students to build, configure, secure, network, and troubleshoot PCs. Even better, PC Pro prepares students to pass three IT industry certification exams: CompTIA’s A+ 220-901, CompTIA’s A+ 220-902 Certification exam and TestOut’s PC Pro Certification exam.
- YUUUUUGE amounts of test prep materials. PC Pro has some really cool features, including the following: 142 powerful and easy-to-follow videos (totaling almost 18 hours), 147 demonstrations, 104 lab simulations, an easily digestible 127 section quizzes to help you prove your knowledge and skill, and a pool more than 1,100 authentic exam questions so you won’t be surprised on the exams.
- PC Pro caters to the student. Easy online 24/7 access to new videos, scripts, demos, animations and graphics make is easy for students, of all ages and experience levels, to grasp concepts and prepare for certification exams in a convenient and straight forward manner. Because there is something cathartic about being able to chart our progress, PC Pro allows students to track their progress with up-to-the-minute detailed reports.
- Features for teachers and administrators. PC Pro gives even more control to instructors by allowing them to create custom exams, lesson plans, and outlines. Reports are a snap to run so instructors and administrators can see student scores and time spent on individual sections of the course. Better tracking of students enables instructors to provide extra instruction when and where needed.
TestOut has been providing industry-leading courseware for more than 25 years, and with the release of PC Pro 5.0.0 we’re continuing in the forefront of giving our clients the best learning tools on the market.
About the Author — Greg Shaffer is a product manager and former senior instructional designer at TestOut Corporation. He holds several CompTIA and Cisco certifications, and earned his master’s degree in Instructional Technology from Utah State University.