If simplicity is the essence of happiness, then TestOut’s development gang will be making a whole lot of students and instructors happy with the upcoming release of Server Pro 2016 courseware.
This new course prepares students for the TestOut's Server Pro 2016 certification exam, as well as Microsoft’s Installation, Storage, and Compute with Windows Server 2016 certification exam (70-740). Through this course, students will gain valuable experience with installation, storage, and OS features and functionality available in Windows Server 2016.
Server Pro (2016) is NOT an update for the TestOut Server Pro: Install and Configure (70-410) product, or any of the Server 2012 products. The 410, 411, 412 products will continue to be a great option for those who need training for the Microsoft Server 2012 exams.
The new course will provide a thorough certification prep for Microsoft’s 70-740 exam: Installation, Storage and Compute with Windows Server 2016. 70-740 focuses on the installation, storage and compute features/functionality of the 2016 MCSA Server track. The other two required exams are 70-741 (which covers networking features/functionality) and 70-742 (identity functionality, such as Active Directory).
Candidates on the 2016 MCSA Server track are required to prepare for and pass three separate exams: 70-740: Installation, Storage and Compute with Windows Server 2016, 70-741: Networking with Windows Server 2016, and 70-742: Networking with Windows Server 2016: Identity with Windows Server 2016. Server Pro 2016 is designed to cover all of the exam objectives for Microsoft’s 70-740 exam, plus it includes the basic objectives for the 70-741 and 70-742 exams. Adding these additional objectives provides basic training to get you started with Server 2016.
Some of the highlights to Server Pro 2016 include:
- Real-world experience — As with all TestOut courseware, advanced simulations give students real-world experience by allowing them to perform key tasks required of server administrators. And because the labs are accessed online, students can practice their skills anytime, anywhere.
- Multiple operating systems — When it comes to operating systems, knowing one is good, and knowing more is even better. With Server Pro 2016, students learn how to complete tasks in popular operating systems, including Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2012, Windows 10, and Windows 7.
- Automatic progress reporting — With LabSim’s integrated reporting features, educators and students can readily see how well they are progressing. Individual time spent can be tracked for each of the labs as well as the videos, text lessons, section quizzes, and practice exams. Scores from these resources are recorded automatically.
- Unlimited practice exams — Practice exams for the TestOut Server Pro 2016 exam and Microsoft’s Installation, Storage, and Compute with Windows Server 2016 certification exam (70-740) are included with the course. With unlimited attempts, students can build their knowledge, confidence and testing skills by practicing as many time as they like.
- No additional resources needed — Server Pro 2016 includes all the necessary materials to effectively prepare for the exam. Resources include instructional videos, text lessons, quizzes, and certification exam prep. Real-time scoring and LMS integration is also included, saving instructors valuable time.
Server Pro 2016 is chock-full of 85 simulation labs, 123 video lessons, 151 demonstrations, 114 text lessons, 95 section quizzes and two certification practice exams. The planned launch date for Sever Pro 2016 is June 20. Click here to view a draft course outline.
About the Author — Cameron Davidson is a marketing manager at TestOut Corporation and UI/UX designer for TestOut's LabSim training platform.
Share this post